Accommodation details & photos
The self-catering accommodation at Tigh a' Mhaide is well-planned and modern. It sleeps four in two, upstairs bedrooms (can be arranged either as a kingsize and double, or a double and twin). Both bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms and built-in wardrobes. Downstairs is an open-plan kitchen-dining-living area, fully equipped with all that you might need for a comfortable stay.
For details of accessibility, see our online Accessibility Guide.
Downstairs, the accommodation has:
- Comfy seating for four
- Freeview satellite TV, Blu-Ray DVD player and a selection of DVDs
- Bluetooth speaker for music streaming from your phone
- Selection of board and card games
- Full-sized fitted kitchen equipped with
- electric hob and fan oven
- kettle, toaster and De'Longhi expresso machine
- Extendable dining table
- Fully-tiled wet room with level access shower
- Laundry space with washer/drier, iron & ironing board, clothes airer.
Upstairs, two spacious, ensuite bedrooms provide:
- Kingsize or twin room
- Double room
- Ensuite shower rooms with rainfall, thermostatically-controlled showers
- Luxury, Sea Kelp toiletries
- White, cotton bed-linen, bath and hand towels
- Built-in wardrobes with full-length mirrors
- A hairdryer in each bedroom
- Extra pillows and throws
- For summer bookings, each bedroom is also equipped with an electric fan.
A travel cot, highchair and stair gate are available.
Free and unlimited Wi-Fi is provided. An EV charger is available on site (additional charges apply).
Outside, at the front, is a west-facing patio with patio furniture for four. At the rear of the property is a small, secluded terraced area with patio furniture for two. This faces east and is an ideal spot for breakfast or coffee on sunny mornings. Also outside, you will find a secure bike store adjacent to the guest parking area (parking for up to two cars). A short distance along the track leading round the main house, there is croquet, a rough nine-hole putting course (mini-golf) and a chalet-style children's playhouse. A table-tennis table is also available. Guests are welcome to enjoy our bluebell woods where you might spot red squirrels, pine martens, badgers, foxes and deer. The woodland around our cottage, one of the oldest in the village, is natural and wild. It includes open water (a pond close to the house, a river and streams) and a short access track open to the road. Children must therefore be closely supervised at all times.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome but we ask owners to observe a small number of rules for their pet. Dogs should not be left alone in the house (unless in a dog crate) or be unsupervised in the grounds. Please see our terms & conditions of booking for full details.
Smoking is not permitted in any part of the house.