Accommodation details & photos
The self-catering accommodation at Tigh a' Mhaide is bright, spacious and modern. It sleeps four in two, upstairs bedrooms (kingsize and double, or double and twin). Both bedrooms have ensuite shower rooms and built-in wardrobes. Downstairs is an open-plan kitchen-dining-living area, fully equipped with all that you might need for a comfortable stay.
Downstairs, the accommodation has:
- Comfy seating for four
- Freeview satellite TV, Blu-Ray DVD player and a selection of DVDs
- Bluetooth speaker for music streaming from your phone
- Selection of board and card games
- A piano with a selection of sheet music
- Full-sized fitted kitchen equipped with
- electric hob and fan oven
- fridge with freezer compartment
- kettle, toaster and De'Longhi expresso machine
- Extendable dining table
- Fully-tiled wet room
- Laundry space with washer/drier, iron & ironing board, clothes airer.
Upstairs, two spacious, ensuite bedrooms provide:
- Kingsize or twin room
- Double room
- Ensuite shower rooms with rainfall, thermostatically-controlled showers
- Luxury, Sea Kelp toiletries
- Crisp, white, cotton bed-linen and fluffy towels
- Built-in wardrobes with full-length mirrors
- A hairdryer in each bedroom
- Extra pillows and throws
A travel cot, highchair and stair gate are also available.
Free and unlimited Wi-Fi is provided but please note that our rural broadband service is slow. It is sufficient for email and general internet browsing but will not support video streaming or gaming.
Outside you will find a secure bike store. There is also croquet, a rough nine-hole putting course (mini-golf) and a chalet-stylel children's playhouse. A table-tennis table is also available. Guests are welcome to enjoy our bluebell woods, where you might spot red squirrels, pine martens or deer. The woodland around our cottage, one of the oldest in the village, is natural and wild. It includes open water (a pond close to the house, a river and a stream) and a short access track open to the road. Children must therefore be closely supervised at all times.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome but we ask owners to observe a small number of rules for their pet. Dogs should not be left alone in the house (unless in a dog crate) or be unsupervised in the grounds. Please see our terms & conditions of booking for full details.